South Campus Commons is a community of seven apartment buildings with rooms for 2,195 students. South Campus Commons is one of the University of Maryland's public-private partnership undergraduate student apartment communities. South Campus Commons is located on University property but the leasing and facilities for the community are managed by a private management company, Capstone On-Campus Management. The Department of Resident Life provides the residence life program at South Campus Commons.
Students in South Campus Commons must adhere to the rules and regulations set forth in the Rights and Responsibilities section of Community Living, the University Code of Student Conduct, and the South Campus Commons Lease and Rules & Regulations documents. Students who lease at South Campus Commons must be current on-campus residents and must be pre-approved by Resident Life.
South Campus Commons includes:
- Predominantly two and four-bedroom apartments, all single bedrooms, fully furnished; Air-conditioned with a washer and dryer in each unit;
- 24-hour service desks in buildings #1, #3, and #6;
- Resident Assistants and Resident Directors on site;
- Building #1 is home to the Beyond the Classroom Living Learning Program;
- Building #2 is home to the Hinman CEOs Living Learning Program;
- Open year round with residents signing an 11.25-month lease;
- University voice, data and cable for each student;
- Smoke-free inside all buildings – including all apartments and bedrooms;
- Mixed-gender housing option available in select units; and
- Seminar rooms, Resident Life Community Office, and Capstone On-Campus Management offices on site.
- Leasing Information
- Applying to SCC
- The Releasing Process
- Rental Rates
- Residence Hall Map (.pdf)
- Residence Halls at a Glance
View the Commons Community staff listing.
|Building||Service Desk at||Phone Number|
|Commons 1 and 2||Building 1||(301) 226-0001|
|Commons 3 and 4||Building 3||(301) 226-0003|
|Commons 5, 6 & 7||Building 6||(301) 226-0006|
South Campus Commons Building #1, Room 1104
4230 Knox Road
College Park, MD 20740
Phone: (301) 314-6621
Fax: (301) 314-6623